The Justiss Journey

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

June 2012 "Look and See"

June went by super fast!  It was one crazy decision after another.  We went back and forth on sell the house or rent, leave in the middle or end of June, take the kids on our "look and see" or leave them, stay positive about the whole thing or loose it?  You name it...I thought it through a thousand times.  I stayed in CONSTANT prayer all of June to say the least.  It wasn't until after we made the decision that we could see it was the right one.  It was like God handed over this path and said now take it where you want it to go. 

I must say that if I didn't have the most AMAZING mops group and friends around me through this walk, it would have ended up MUCH different.  When we made our last move to The Woodlands I made a promise to myself.  I planned to only surround myself with friends and support groups that would be a part of my "village" in raising my kiddos.  It just stinks that I found an entire community of women that I love with my WHOLE heart who became that very village.  The love and support that poured out from each an every mom helped me realize that we truly can do all things through CHRIST who gives us strength.  I know each person in my life is there for a reason and I am sooo grateful to have each one of them there to come home to when this walk is complete.

"The Look and See"-- June 4-8

     I'll never forget the conversation when I found out what a "Look and See" meant.  You say "Sip and See and I am there.  A "Look and See" makes my stomach turn tricks.  I met two of the most amazing moms through my priceless MOPS moms who are what they call "ex-pats".  That too became a new word for me.  They explained the way things would go as we took this "Look and See" trip.  This trip was a way for me and Rusty to go to Aberdeen just the two of us and...  find a house, visit the schools, look for a gym, check out the churches that were available, and to just get a fill of what our kiddos were about to take on. 

Oh... and don't let me forget to tell you, we had THREE days to do it all.  SERIOUSLY!!!!  It was madness! However, God was right there the entire time.  I have never had a flight go so smooth, the hand off of kiddos go as planned, and the time with Rusty be so special.  It was the first time that we were able to actually look each other in the eyes and say.. "Hi, and Are you okay?".  A move is full of to do lists, crazy conversations, many late nights getting the every day tasks done, and LOTS of "what ifs".  It was nice to take a minute and just make sure we were both on the same page.  I know that God had to be right there because He made sure this move made our marriage stronger and not harder.  I love him more today than I ever thought possible.

 




This is us on the plane and headed to Scotland for MY first time!

And this is what I have on my wrist EVERY day since I found out about our move.
It says... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

So with God around my wrist and in my heart and Rusty by my side, we accomplished the many tasks that we had for those three days.  We found a house that is perfect for us.  It was the second house to see and I could feel the warmth when we walked into it.  It was being remodeled so it took Rusty a while to get on the same page.  We actually made an offer on a different house but lets just say...it was NOT kid friendly and surrounded by LOVE so we went with our second choice which was actually my FIRST!  Oh yes, I had the biggest smile on my face after that one. :)

This will be our new home in July!

We also were able to visit the school that both Natalie and Denman will go to in the fall.  Denman is so excited to go to a "big kids" school.  It was AWESOME!  It would make anyone want to go back to school just to be able to spend the day there.  I am so excited that the kiddos will be able to attend The American International School of Aberdeen while we are in Scotland. I will make it through this just knowing how much they will get out of being a part of this "out of this world" school.  Makes me want to go back to teaching tomorrow!


Not the best picture, but this is the school for the kiddos.

Now this trip had many accomplishments, but many tears and bumps too.  Denman decided he wanted to stay in Texas with NaNa and Papa instead of coming with us so that was a fun conversation.  Then, Natalie had to take a sudden road trip to Daingerfield while we were gone  because she got homesick and wanted to go as close to home as she could get. 

See moving is very sad to me.  I feel like the kids have been homeless since the day we decided to go.  We started packing boxes, selling toys that were too big, and reorganizing and cleaning to the EXTREME!  It wasn't until Michelle pointed out to me that "home" is not a place, it is where your family is together.  It was when she said... You do realize, all your kiddos need are you and Rusty,  the rest is just extra!  That stuck with me as I tell the kids each week as we are "in" a different place.  This will be our home for now. 

I found this as I continue to keep my focus on Christ through all of this...

Be available for God to use me,
Available if God should choose me,
Should it be here or there,
it doesn't matter where;
My waiting heart is prepared.

"Be prepared, God will find work for you."  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment