So now we have all of our luggage at the hotel and we walk in to find a VERY segregated apartment like setting. My first thought was, "How in the world will this work for us?" We have an open door policy on just about everything, and every room in the hotel had a door on it. So the doubt and fear set in again... What if they smash their fingers in all of these doors? What room will I put the kids in so they will sleep better? How on earth are they going to be able to sleep together all week? How will we be able to fix meals in this tiny kitchen? Where will we put all of the kids toys so they can play while we are here? And ON and ON! I was the first one in there so I began to walk around and pray for God to give me a better attitude before I explode.
I completely know that feeling now when it comes. It is when you can't breathe anymore, the tears begin to fill up your eyes, you get a huge lump in your throat, and you can't look anyone in the eyes. That was ME for a good three days. In my own defense... I was exhausted, but I could NOT find my happy place!
I read something in my book on the second plane that came to my mind during my pity party.
"Those rescued from sin are best able to rescue those "in" sin." Pretty sure I was living in my own world of sin all day and everything had to do with ME and what this was going to do to MY life and how hard it would be on ME!!!! So I took this as God telling me, that you living in this sin now will help others come out of their "me" worlds and be rescued. Oh but trust me, I LIVE in the "me" world some days but I think if we just step back and realize it maybe we can get out faster.
Rusty went to find a place to park and left me to stay with the luggage until he got back. After about ten minutes, I decided I would go ahead and start taking the luggage up myself. Gotta love my "independence". For some reason I have always thought...I'll just do it MYSELF!!!!. I'm pretty sure my attitude was all over my face because the ladies at the front desk went behind a door, and then out walked the sweetest and most caring young man. He was maybe 16. He said may I help you? Now my first instinct was NO I AM GOING TO DO IT MYSELF, but for some reason I said yes, please instead. Now he first told me they had a place to store our eight tubs until we were ready to check out which then took care of eight of the pieces of luggage that we wouldn't need until we get into the house. That in itself was an answered prayer. He then grabbed three of our seven other bags and said, "Which room are you in?"
So up we went, six oh yes I said six flights of stairs to get to our hotel/apartment room. He set down the luggage and then said, "I'll grab the others and bring them up as well." After carrying two up those stairs, I was SO GRATEFUL that he was willing to make the next trip up the stairs with the rest. Now I was panicking. I didn't have any UK money to give this precious young man. Rusty was still no where to be found and all I had was US dollars. After he came back I got his name and told him my husband would find him to pay him for his help. He said, "No need."
Rusty made it in the door shortly after he left with the kiddos and thought I brought up all the luggage. I totally wanted to take the credit, but I told the truth, as we always should, and gave him the guys name so he could find him and pay him. We both laughed because he knew I wanted to take the credit on that one.
Can I just tell you that I am truly blessed with this man that I married. Now I know we all have great husbands, but I saw a side of Rusty that sometimes "hides" when he is stressed or overworked. He asked which room was ours and then told me to go lay down and try to sleep and he would take the kids to get groceries.
See, when traveling through time zones, there is this BEAST called "JET LAG". OH MY!!! I couldn't keep my eyes open at all! I felt like I was watching myself move around and I wasn't even moving that much. With Rusty traveling all the time he totally knew what I was going through. The kids were able to sleep most of the plane ride, but I just couldn't turn my mind off. So off I went without a fight and I'm pretty sure I slept at least four hours before I could even sit up. They all came back with pizza, Dr. Pepper, and flowers. Rusty said he was trying to make it feel just like we were at home. He is truly the strongest most caring man that I have ever known. I then prayed, "Help me Lord lean on him through all of this! Please let this journey strengthen our marriage and make us one! I know I could not do this without him right by my side!"
I got up and opened the windows and found little things around the house to be door stops so that it would all be open. As we looked across the street, we saw a church called "The City Church". It was full of people when we got here going in and out with tons of kids. Now that was a God Wink!
This is the church view from our window.
I then told Rusty to go to bed and I would get our stuff organized because it was now all over the place. Natalie was ready to help. She took the big suitcase and said this will make a great toy box. They began to gather all of their toys that we fit into our luggage and put it all in so they would know where it all was. Thanks to Michelle they began digging out their backpacks and grabbed the legos first. They played with the legos for a long time and then it was off to bed.
We put them in the room with the TV which took some convincing on Rusty's part, but now he realized the TV in the living part could be for us. Now Scotland TV is NOT like Texas TV. It MUST be monitored all day long! We actually ended up putting movies on the laptop instead because it was easier for them to see and easier for me to keep it G rated. Before bed, Natalie said, "Momma, this really is kinda exciting, but sad too." I told her I know and I think it will go back and forth the whole time we are here.
I put them to bed and then went to find a movie for me. I found "The Proposal" which is one of my most favorite movies EVER! So I put it in and began to sort through the craziness of the day. It was then that I began to write in my journal book. It gives me chill bumps to think about how everything just falls into place and how I can feel HIS spirit helping me put all of this into words. As I watched the movie, I got two texts from home. Absolutely made my night. I love knowing that we truly are just a text, email, or even phone call away. I told Sonia I was doing my best to put my mind into scrap booking mode to keep my mind occupied so I didn't completely FREAK OUT about what we just did. It is the text messages, the emails from friends, the facebook comments, and the warm prayers that will help us make it through this move. But I must say, Tonight, I am waiting on God's Strength to carry me through because mine is all out!
It only took about ten minutes and they were both OUT! So sweet!
This is the bathroom (aka in the uk "toilets")
This is the living area in the hotel.
This is the kitchen in the hotel.
This is the hallway after I found a way to keep all the doors open. :)
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1"
I can't see what God has planned for us just yet, but I FEEL HIS presence every step of the way!
Praying for you! Thanks for posting pictures for those of us who are visual learners. :) Love to you and your family.
ReplyDelete