It is SNOWING!
This was such a fun day for all of us. I headed to Denman's school for his Dress up party at 1:00. It was such an exciting day for him. He couldn't wait to get to school because he got to wear his costume all day that day.
When we got to the classroom they were all lined up to go on their Dress Up parade all around the school. As we got to the front of the school, it started snowing. Oh if I had a video of the precious little ones that saw snow for the first time!!! Denman was the loudest of them all. He kept screaming and yes I mean screaming... IT IS SNOWING MOMMA! I SEE IT! IT IS SNOWING!
We had a ton of moms there helping with the party and we were all in tears with laughter. It was so sweet to watch their excitement build up knowing exactly what they would do when school was over. It took all of us to calm them down so we could finish the parade and party. It was one of those priceless moments for sure!
This is Denman sitting close to the window so he could watch the snow fall.
When school was over we waited in the lobby for the big kids so we
could all play in the snow together.
We finally decided we couldn't contain them any longer.
Gabbi and Denman took off outside for the snow with Sofia while I waited on Natalie.
Denman was BEYOND excited. :)
Once the big kids got out it was snowballs and snowmen!
The laughter that filled the school that day will be a day I will remember for a very long time.
The buses pulled up and all the kids kept playing. Two bus drivers got out and joined the fun.
Denman is running away from a snowball. :)
Clara got Natalie good with this one. :)
Denman kept counting how many snowballs he had made. I think this was number six.
Jackson, Clara, and Natalie decided to see who thought it was the coldest. :)
Guess who had more fun than the kiddos?
Once the high school kids got out, they finally came out and said we had to stop throwing snowballs so we decided we better head home to play.
They giggled the whole way home debating how much snow would be in our yard.
They played in the snow for hours!
I tried to get Natalie to put on gloves but she wouldn't.
I am not even sure how many hours they spent outside that evening.
It was so dark when I finally got them to come inside.
They started throwing snowballs on the window to see if they could get them to stick.
Denman cheated a little by HOLDING it on the window instead of throwing it.
That night it snowed about five inches and it was just BEAUTIFUL!
So it is official! We had our first snow and we can't wait for many many more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment