Ten Things I appreciate in Aberdeen!
Oh my! I can really tell that I have grown to love this place because I am having trouble deciding which ten things to share first. I have a list of things that I appreciate soo much here in Aberdeen. I can see God working on me on a daily basis and I am so thankful that I am in a place where my eyes and heart are wide open to see the amazing things that are right in front of me.
The first thing is for sure the RAINBOWS. Oh they come out of no where. The kids were all playing outside at Sofia's house and all of a sudden an entire rainbow filled the sky. It was like a big smile from God. LOVE the Rainbows!
A rainbow will always make you smile!
The next thing that I am soo grateful for is Sofia! She was the first friend that I met when we got here and I feel like I have known her forever. Gabbi and Denman are in the same class so I get to see her every day. Her energy and spirit brightens my day!
The next thing I am grateful for is our car! Learning to drive was CRAZY and SCARY, but I DID IT! I am officially driving everywhere now. I only have to tell myself stay to the left about once a week. LOL! I even started turning on the music when I drive. That is HUGE! Plus, Rusty bought a bike so he is now biking to work.. 9.5 miles.. craziness.. but he does it so we can have the car... LOVE THAT MAN!
I am also soooo grateful for my friend Renee! She is such a kind soul that keeps me entertained daily. We do coffee, lunch, and whatever else we can find to keep us busy during our days. She is going to teach me new recipes so that I can learn to cook new things. Our kids have a blast together and look for each other every day at school. She is such a blessing to me!
I am also grateful for this house. I love looking around everywhere I go to find something to make it even more like a home. It is my new mission right now. I am searching for furniture, nick nacks, picture frames, and anything else that someone wants to get rid of. It is my new project and keeps me very busy. :) Rusty calls it junk... I call it treasures.
Another thing I am grateful for is my INTERNET, LAND LINE, and HOUSTON NUMBER! WOOHOO! I now have a way to talk to my peeps back home without having to worry about getting Rusty another JOB.. LOL.. just kidding!
I am ever so grateful for my precious friend Jen! Oh that sweet sweet girl. She brings out the best of Aberdeen every time and always has the best sense of humor about every new experience. I love that she finds the laugh in every crazy day. She also found me a REAL dryer! I will forever be in debt to her. I now can wash and DRY my clothes on the same day and not have to make it a daily duty! SOOO grateful for that one!
Another thing that I am grateful for is the trip planning that is going on in this house. So far we have three trips in the works. We are planning a trip to Italy, a trip to Paris, and a trip to Edinburgh. It just seems like a dream that I will soon be able to visit all of these places. That is just so exciting.
I am also very grateful for our church. When we visited last Sunday they told us that they were needing help in the children's department. Natalie hugged me and said that is for you momma. I am really looking forward to getting back into helping teach the kiddos God's Word.
And the tenth thing that I am so grateful for is that I was asked to be one of the room mom's for Denman's class this year. I can't wait to help plan parties and fun activities for us to do. Now that makes me feel RIGHT AT HOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment