The Justiss Journey

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Moments that melt my heart!

Moments that melt my heart!

Many moments have caught me off guard over the past couple of weeks as we get settled into the house.  My heart is so open right now!  I feel everything times ten! 

A verse that came up in my reading today...

James 1:17  Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above.
 The only way I know how to describe the moments that I now feel is to think of the most amazing moments of your life.  Your wedding day, when your kids were born, when you asked Jesus to come into your heart.  That moment when you take in the deepest breath and feel nothing but LOVE coming in your heart and then  your heart becomes warm and tears fill up your eyes.  These are the moments that I live for. 

 I took EVERY moment like this for granted in Texas, but not now.... I LIVE for the next moment to come!

These are the many moments this week that have all melted my heart.  I can't wait for MANY more to come.  :)  I am so blessed and grateful for the answered prayers that God gives us every day!

After many days of shopping, organizing, and just trying to get things in the right rooms, we took a break!  WE got out our scrapbook stuff and had a crafty day.  I NEVER let them even think of touching my stuff before, but now we do it all together.  They are soo creative and each made things to hang up in the house. 


Natalie made this picture that will be hanging on our kitchen wall when you come and visit.
SO sweet.  The hugs I get from this angel daily are priceless!



This one is really hard to see but it is the first picture that Denman made that day. He asked for some tape and then put it on his door to his room.  I'm so grateful to know that my sweet boy has made this room his own!  He LOVES his nightlight too.  We have to turn it on every night until he goes to sleep and then I turn it off.  He thinks he is soo big!



Denman now makes all kinds of pictures to share with us.  This one is of the different types of weather.  One is sunny, one is cloudy, one is thunderstorms, and one is rainy.  Can you tell what we get the most? :)


I love this moment.  Natalie found Shake It Up on the Disney channel and went to get her blanket and found a spot on the couch to snuggle up and watch her favorite show.  I know it sounds so simple, but after four weeks of craziness, it was nice to see her content and happy.


This one makes me smile every time.  Denman likes to lay in our bed and watch Jake while Natalie takes a bath before bedtime.  The last three nights, he fell asleep within five minutes... just like this.  I love that he is so comfortable and relaxed.  It is HOME!


This picture is of the kids playing with our friends that we met from Houston.  They played ALL day outside running around, creating clubs, playing in the highland games, making friendship bracelets, and just being kids.  It was so peaceful!

I love this moment because, as you can see, Denman is being silly.  I think he is the one who has opened up the most and really branched out.  He thinks we moved here just for him!  He talks to everyone and LOVES new adventures.  It is so fun to watch him grow.  He is HILARIOUS!


This moment was so sweet.  We had such a fun day.  We were soo blessed to meet Tracey, Jen, Renee and their precious kiddos.  We had the best day playing at the park, going through a giant maze, and then stopping in for ice cream.  Their giggles and smiles were music to my ears.


We have decided that Renee's house will be the party house.  They all had a BALL playing this day.  They only come inside to eat or grab a drink.  It reminds me so much of when I was little and we played in the creek all day.  Life is soo simple here and it makes us appreciate the simplest things!

This one is blurry, but Denman's outfit is my favorite.  He wears a Texas shirt or his Cubbie vest EVERY day.  I love that he is so proud of his vest.  He tells everyone about Cubbies and how much fun he had.  Melts my heart every time. 

Natalie looks forward to bedtime here.  Before it was a battle to keep her in her room without having a THOUSAND visits about how she can't go to sleep.  This sweet smile makes me tear up every time I put her to bed. 



Now this picture just makes me grin.  This is what Denman wanted to wear out shopping today.  Homeboy LOVES his pjs and slippers. LOL.. I love love that he cares NONE about what others think about him!


We are making this HOME and having so many priceless memories along the way. After meeting three families from Houston this week, the amount of peace and comfort that I feel makes each day an adventure.  We wake up looking for what we can do to make it fun while we spend time with our friends. 

It is through comfort that life starts to make sense and create its own routines.  We are looking to each other through this journey for support and guidance.  I found a verse that shows me through my own comfort and peace, I am to use that to help others feel the same.

2 Corinthians 3-5  May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be blessed!  He is the compassionate Father and God of all comfort.  He's the one who comforts us in all our trouble so that we can comfort other people who are in every kind of trouble.  We offer the same comfort that we ourselves received from God.  That is because we receive so much comfort through Christ in the same way that we share so many of Christ sufferings.

It is the moments that melt my heart that give me comfort every day!




No comments:

Post a Comment