Natalie sings at the Assembly!
Every Monday Natalie's school has an Assembly that the parents can come to and see what the kids are learning about each week. It is so amazing. They celebrate the kids birthdays, have students come up and read some of their stories, and they also sing some of the songs that they learn in music.
I knew something special had to be going on Monday because Natalie kept asking me over and over.. MOM, are you sure you will make it to the assembly this Monday?
I was suppose to go to every Assembly in her mind because she LOVES Mondays because of it. I planned to go to the one the Monday before but somehow missed it. I went to grab a coffee then sat down to talk to some of the other moms and completely missed the entire assembly. Natalie said she saw me sitting there when she walked into the Assembly and then saw me sitting there when she walked out.. OOPS!!
So this time I made sure that I knew what time the Assembly started and ended.
It starts at 8:30 NOT 9:00!
So a ton of Second grade parents are also there this Monday so I'm thinking they really are going to sing for us. Natalie had been singing a precious song in the shower all week and always asked.. "Did you hear the song I was singing?" I of course always said NO even though I too can sing it word for word now.
The pride in that sweet girls face when she saw that I made it to the Assembly and then that same face when she walked up on stage made me one proud momma!
She gave me the sweetest grin when she saw that I made it on time. :)
This is the face she made when they called Second Grade to come up on stage.
So proud of my precious little angel!
The name of the song was called Sticky Side Down. I recorded it on my phone but CAN'T figure out how to get it to link to the blog page. Gotta call Lindsay for that one. :)
This is Natalie's Second Grade Class. They are all super sweet.
These are the girls that Natalie LOVES to play with during the week. We have had many playdates with them. Nicco, Julia, Clara, and Eugenia. Sweet Sweet girls.
Natalie is waiting for the music to start. :)
I tried to catch her singing because I promise you that girl knows EVERY word!
She did BRILLIANT!!! aka in the USA AWESOME!
They then had two students come up and read their stories that talked about their trips to the Fergus House which is a nursing home that they go and visit each month. I love that they take time to share the students hard work. The stories were so neat because they truly shared their feelings.
Each Assembly is about 30 minutes long and so meaningful to the parents and the teachers. I will SO do this in my next classroom!!
After school we stick around to hang out and start our homework. They cafeteria workers make chocolate cookies after school for the students that just smell WAY too good to pass up.
This is Natalie, Eugenia, and Ruby doing their homework while we wait on the cookies to be ready. Gabbi and Denman are taking notes. :)
This is the next performance that they will do at the Assembly. They are learning a Brazilian Dance that they will dance on stage for us.. TOTALLY makes me want to go back to Second Grade. Natalie is not as excited about this one because she said that she has to dance with a boy. YUCK she says.
Denman playing at school
Every day Denman gets more and more settled into his classroom. This was a day that I saw my sweet Denman finally come out. He wanted to show me all around the room today. He took me to the building section of the room. They have cut out pieces of wood for them to use to build things. Denman likes to build towers and knock them down. Mrs. Karen said that where he goes for his free play time.
Denman makes a tower out of wood. His giggle was priceless!!
Denman then ran out to the playground to show me the boat that they get to play on during outside time. He said they play captain and pirates on it. It was so fun watching him run around and pretend to be on a ship with all his preschool buddies.
They are both adjusting so well at school. I am so proud of them. They get up every morning ready to take on the day. Most days are pretty dark and rainy outside, but my sweet babies have smiles on their faces and that just makes my day!
I love that after I drop them off and go back to the car to start my day I always have a friend to keep me company. Every day "Bunny" is in Natalie's seat ready for his own adventure. I'm pretty sure when Natalie heads off to college it will be ME sleeping with "Bunny".
"Buckle up little Bunny, we are ready for our next adventure!"
Marnie - I LOVE IT. Make sure you tell her that I have a friend EUGENIA too (Nan!) LOL!!!!! I love your blog!
ReplyDelete