A Super fun week in Aberdeen!
This week was so busy and tons of fun. We saw the sun as much as we saw the rain which makes it a great week to get outside and play while you can. The kids got a new set of golf clubs so of course we had to go and try them out.
As we try and make it to all of the activities that we signed up for this semester, I have finally decided it is the activities that we can all do together that are the most important. Rusty had the day off on Monday so after school we all headed to the driving range.
This is one of my favorite smiles! Denman was so excited about trying out his new clubs. I had to get this grin. He is so so loud so we must begin working on his golf manners, but there was NO doubt that he was having a good time.
Natalie was determined to hit it just right and where she wanted it to go. I wonder where she gets that from... Can you tell by this picture? :) After a few swings she started having a great time and even put a little dance move on her swing.
Denman got so serious about his swing that he took off his jacket so he could "swing better". I can't wait to go and play golf in a place where it is warmer. It is so hard to play with frozen hands. :)
**********************
This week we also had Open House at the International School. It was beyond amazing. I can't begin to tell you how much work the teachers and kids put into this night. Natalie was bouncing around because of how excited she was to show us what they were learning about. The excitement that the kids have each and every school day is such a blessing. They love to learn and can't wait to see what the teachers have planned for the next day.
Natalie helped make one of the sunflowers on the wall. Can you tell she was a little proud? She wore that dress all day long with her heels to be sure she would be ready in time for Open House that night. PRECIOUS!!
They planted grass seeds and made a Mr. Potato head and now have bean sprouts and a journal to mark all of the progress that each one makes along the way.
They are also charting the growth of some plants around the room and some plants they have in the green house. This is another one of my favorite grins. :)
Next we headed to the preschool room. Denman and Fransico ran all around telling us all about the light and shadows that they were learning about. I am so proud of how they both have made such great friends. They are truly our family here.
Denman and Fran show us the shadows and colors they can make with the bottles.
They had lots of pictures around that showed activities they did in the classroom. I love this one of Denman working with animal figures to see their shadows.
Denman really likes to play with magnets. He even showed us how to make them attract and repel.
Then Denman takes us to see how to make a light come on by using wires and batteries. Rusty really had a good time with this one too. The preschool teachers take learning to a whole new level and really let the kids get their hands on what they want to learn about the most.
*********
And now the most exciting part of the whole week. Both kids spent the night away from home on Saturday night and made it through the night. I was so so proud of both of them. Denman went to spend the night with Fransisco while Natalie went on her very first Girl Scout Camp out. They both came back with the biggest smiles.
Denman and Fran played around the campsite while Rusty help set up some of the tents.
They started the camp out with a girl scout song and a game.
Natalie and Nico took off ready to find all the things on their list.
This was their camp out at the Crathes Castle. It was very cold, but the sun was out. Natalie said they went on two hikes, made a campfire, learned lots of new songs, played tons of games, and got to sleep in her socks and hat. I can't tell you how many stories she has told since she got home. She can't wait to go back again next year.
As this week came to an end, the joy in my heart is beyond explanation. I have always been blessed in my life with so many things, but this year and I so very grateful for all of the friends that God has put into my life. I have lifelong friends all over this world now and I am so thankful for each and every one.
Two verses that I saw everywhere this week and feel even more now...
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled Matthew 5:6
For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:9
We are looking forward to another fun week!
No comments:
Post a Comment